Sunday, March 7, 2010

New Years Resolutions...yeah...in March

My last blog post was from October....wow....how does that happen??? Time just gets away from me, life gets crazy, Friday turns into Monday and before I can even blink....now it is is 2010.
My resolutions for this year were simple:

Get organized, Read more, and Bitch less.

I feel like I am going in the right direction of "Getting Organized"...I'm still in the purging stage right now. We have sooo much junk, and I love my junk and hate to part with it- but DANG I don't want to end up on the Discovery Channel about my hording of craft supplies and vintage finds! Hopefully by April I will be ready for my mega-fabulous garage sale. After that, comes the hard part. Finding a place for everything left - and keeping with the thought that "everything has a place, everything stays in place". Keeping my fingers double crossed on that one :O)

I am definitely "Reading More". I have read the "girlie/fun/no brain power needed" books, the "staying-up late/can't wait another minute to find out who done it" books...but some how I feel like I really need something more. Currently, I am reading "Your Kids Are Your Own Fault" by Larry Winget. I think from just the first two chapters that I will probably get more out of this book than any of the last 15 books I have read.

As far as the "Bitching Less", I do feel like I am getting better. I am trying to find out what is really important in my life, and focus on that. I am trying to cut the bad out of my life, the negative, stop dwelling on what I can not change. Finding out what really makes me happy and do more of that.

No comments: